I have lots of requests for a half bobble drops flower granny square. So my friends, here is a quick tutorial for a half bobble drops flower granny square! This pattern and the video tutorial will help you to fill the space and get a nice straight edging on your bobble drops flower granny square projects.
You can use these half granny squares to make a straight edges of the blanket.
Disclosure This blog may contain affiliate links.
Watch the video tutorial below
Have you made Bobble Drops Flower Granny Square Pattern?
Skill Level: Intermediate
Materials: 4-Medium / Worsted / 100% Acrylic
- (I used) Ice Yarn Favorite in 2 colors.
- US I-9 / 5.5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Gauge: Gauge is not very important for this project.
Abbreviations / special stitches (US Term)
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- st = stitch
- ch-sp = chain- (number of chains) space
- beg = beginning
- *to ; = repeat * to the instructions
- C1 = color 1
- C2 = color 2
- fpbobble = yarn over, insert the hook from front to back to front again around the post of next st, yarn over, pull back loop through the st, [yarn over, insert the hook from front to back to front again around the post of the same st, yarn over, pull back loop through the st] 2 times, yarn over, pull back through 6 loops on the hook, yarn over, pull back through 2 loops on the hook.
- In this half square pattern I have crocheted 3 sc in each corner st. But in the full square pattern I have crocheted 5 sc in each corner. Or you can crochet 3 sc in each corner if it is enough to get a perfect square shape for the full square pattern. When you crochet full square and half square for one project use same stitch count for the corners of the both squares.
- If you are going to crochet 5 sc in each corner for this half granny squares. Add following stitches in row 4 >> 2 sc in first st, 5 sc in ch-3 sp, 2 sc in beg ch 3 top.
Half Bobble Drops Flower Granny Square Pattern
Make an adjustable ring with (C1) yarn.
Row 1: ch 3 (count as st), 7 dc into the ring, turn. (8 dc)
Row 2: ch 4( count as dc and ch 1), fpbobble in first st, 3 dc in next st, fpbobble in next st, ch 3, fpbobble in next st, 3 dc in next st, fpbobble in next st, ch 1, dc in beg ch 3 top, turn. (4 fpbobbles/8 dc)
Row 3: join (C2) yarn with ch 4 (count as dc and ch 1), 2 dc in ch-sp, dc in each of next 2 st, ch 1, sk next st, dc in each of next 2 st, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in ch-3 sp, dc in each of next 2 st, ch 1, sk next st, dc in each of next 2 st, 2 dc in ch-sp, ch 1, dc in beg ch 3 top, turn. (18 dc)
Row 4: (see the note section if you are going to crochet 5 sc into the corner)
(In this round all fpbobble working over the chain 1 and around the post of skipped st one row below) join (C1) yarn, ch 1 (does not count as st) sc in first st and next ch-1 sp, sc in each of next 4 st, fpbobble st in next st one row below, sc in each of next 4 st, 3 sc in ch-sp, sc in each of next 4 st, fpbobble in next st one row below, sc in each of next 4 st, sc in next ch-1 sp, sc in beg ch 3 top. (2 fpbobbles/23 sc)
Fasten off and weave the ends.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook| Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.