Crochet Crystal Drops Cowl Pattern by Crochet For You.
Crochet Crystal Drops Cowl is my first pattern for 2016. For this cowl, I used a new stitch pattern I found another day. The wrong side of this stitch also has a pretty texture as same as right side. That’s why I folded the top edge of the cowl to show it clearly.
This is a free size pattern that means you can make it fit your desired length and wide. I haven’t tested with other weight of yarns, but I believe this pattern might be worked with DK and worsted.
Please share your experience with us if you worked with different weight yarns. I’d really like to hear your thoughts. 🙂
Disclosure This blog contains affiliate links.
Don’t forget to add this pattern to Ravelry queue
Skill level Intermediate
Finished size: 9” wide and 37” around
Materials (I used)
Sport yarn (16 WPI)
- (C1) I used 2 Skeins of 50g High Quality Natural Silk Cotton Baby Sweater Soft Yarn Knitting Hot Blue color approx: 300 yards
- (C2) White color approx: 300 yards
- 4.5mm crochet hook
Gauge 20 dc x 8 rows = with 4.5mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- fpdc = front post double crochet
- sk = skip
- st – stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- beg = beginning
- ch-sp = chain space
- ** = work instructions within brackets as many times as directed.
- (C1) = Color 1
- (C2) = color 2
- (RS) = Right side
- beg fpdc2tog = Yarn over, insert hook from front to back and to front around the post of first fpdc, yo, pull up a loop, yo and pull back through 2 loops, yo, insert hook from front to back and to front around the post of the next fpdc, yo and pull up a loop, yo and pull back through 2 loops, yo and pull through all loops.
- fpdc2tog = [Yarn over, insert hook from front to back and to front around the post of the next fpdc, yo, pull up a loop, yo and pull back through 2 loops] 2 times, yo and pull through all loops.
Note: Also on the other side of this stitch pattern has a nice texture. So I folded the top edge of this cowl as shown in the main photo to show it.
- working on (RS).
- Beg ch does not count as st.
- This is a free size pattern. To get the desired length, crochet multiple of 3.
Crochet Crystal Drops Cowl Pattern
(C1) ch 222, sl st to first ch. (be careful not to twist)
Round 1: ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in first ch, dc in each st around, sl st to first dc. (222 sts)
Round 2: (C2) ch 2 (does not count as st), (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc) in same st, *sk 2 sts, (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc) in next st* repeat *to* around, sl st to first fpdc. (74 (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc))
Round 3: ch 2 (does not count as st), beg fpdc2tog *ch 2, fpdc2tog* repeat *to* around, sl st to first fpdc2tog. (74 fpdc2tog)
Round 4: (C1) ch 2 (does not count as st), fpdc in same st, *2 dc in ch-sp, fpdc in next fpdc2tog* repeat *to* around, sl st to first fpdc. (74 fpdc / 148 dc sts)
Round 5: (C2) ch 2(does not count as st), (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc) in same st, *sk 2 sts, (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc) in next fpdc* repeat *to* around, sl st to first fpdc. (74 (fpdc, ch 1, fpdc))
Round 6 – 25: repeat rows 3 to 5 with continuously.
Edging / finishing
With (C1), ch 1, sc in each st around in 2 sides of the edge. Fasten off and weave all ends.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.