Link list 58: 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Self-striping Yarn
10 Free Crochet Patterns for Self-striping yarn.
The main topic for today’ link list is the specific yarns we love. The idea came for this roundup after I posted on Crochet For You FB page for asking the ideas for next link list.
Self-striping yarn, also known as the variegated yarn is a great choice for crocheting without color changing. If the color changing is the most difficult part for you as a crocheter, or maybe a knitter, self-striping yarns are the best. The yarn changes the colors itself so you only have to focus into the pattern you are working without worrying about changing colors. And also you can avoid lots of weaving ends.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
There are two types of variegated yarns I have discovered.
- The yarns with long color variations, about yards long. For an example, see Shell N Picots Cowl Pattern
- And short color changes, about inches long. Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top Pattern
There are lots of self-striping yarns can be found. here are few self-striping yarns popular right now.
- Boutique Unforgettable and Treasure yarns from Red Heart
- Shawl in a Ball and Scarfie yarns from Lion Brand
- Also, there is Caron Cakes yarn! is the latest craze from Caron. 😀
Check out these awesome free crochet patterns for self-striping yarn. I hope you enjoy this link list.
All images are used with the permission of the Designers for this link list
- Heathered Eyelets Wrap – Fiber Flux
- Autumn Chill Ear Warmer – Left in Knots
- Riverbed Slouch – Little Monkeys Crochet
- Crochet Sunset tunic – Maz Kwok’s Designs
- Waves of Warmth Slouch – Pattern Paradise
- Julie Shawl pattern – Jessie At Home
- Shades of Grey Scarf – Oombawka Design Crochet
- Denim Blues Fling – Crochet Kim
- Squish – Moogly
- Unique Lace Poncho – Cre8tion Crochet
ANNIE’S SIGNATURE DESIGNS: Nituna Shawl Crochet Pattern
A fun piece to make and knocks your style straight out of the park! Use 1 ball each of 2 different colorways of the stunning Plymouth Yarn® Nako Arya Ebruli. Sample shown made using 1 ball of Pink/Olive/Tan and 1 ball of Purple/Teal/Orange and a size G/6/4mm crochet hook.
Thanks gor the great pattern selection for self striping yarn!
Hi, Lynne. Very welcome and thank you, too. 🙂
Your work is simply b u t ful.