Crochet Crown Cup Cozy Pattern on Crochet For You
Hi, my crochet lover friends, I wanted to give you a quick gift idea to make for Christmas and hope these would be a wonderful gift to your family and friends.
Since the Crochet Crown Ear Warmer still very popular I used the same pattern to make crochet cup cozies! The pattern will very easy to follow if you already have tried to crochet crown ear warmers.
Enjoy making these simple and unique crochet cup cozies.
This pattern can be adjusted to any size
This cup cozy can be easily adjusted to any size. Crochet multiple of 5 rows for the band part to get your desired circumference. Or you can use smaller / larger hook. To increase the height of the cup cozy you can repeat round 2 few times and follow remaining rounds.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished size: (This pattern can be adjusted to any size)
- 4″ tall x 4″ wide
#4 – Medium / Worsted weight yarns (Approx: 50 total yards)
- #4 – Medium / Worsted weight yarns
- US I-9 (5.5mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends.
Gauge: 14 hdc x 8 rows = 4″ with US I-9, 5.5mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations (US term)
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- tr = treble crochet
- sk = skip
- * to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
- beg = beginning
- (RS) = right side
- hdc/sc in 3rd loop= instead of working crochet stitches in top loops of the previous round, you should find a 3rd loop on the wrong side or back side of the crochet piece. This 3rd loop is located on the wrong side just under the top 2 loops. Start to make a crochet stitch you want as normal way. When you inserting hook into the loop in the previous row just skipped the top 2 loops and turn a crochet piece forward and insert the hook in 3rd loop, Finish the stitch as normal.
- Picot = crochet ch 3, sl st to the previous tr you just crocheted.
- Shell stitch = (2 dc, 2 tr, picot, 2 tr, 2 dc) in indicated st.
- This cup cozy can be adjusted to any size.
- Crochet multiple of 5 rows for the band part to get your desired circumference.
- To increase the height of the cup cozy you can repeat round 2 few times and follow remaining rounds.
- beg ch does not count as an st.
Crochet Crown Cup Cozy
Ribbed Band (30 rows for the ribbed band)
Leaving 6” long tail of the yarn, with the US I-9 (5.5mm) crochet hook.
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from the hook, sc in each st across, turn. (5 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, sc in first st, sc in BL of each of next 3 sts, sc in last st, turn. (5 sts)
Row 3 to 30: repeat row 2
Insert the yarn tail through the tapestry needle, place two short sides together and sew with the tapestry needle.
(Work in the long side of the band)
Round 1: (RS) ch 1, hdc in first st and each st around, sl st to the first hdc. (30 sts)
Round 2: ch 1, hdc into the 3rd loop of each st around, sl st to the first hdc. (30 sts)
Round 3: repeat round 2
Round 4: ch 1, sc into the 3rd loop of each st around, sl st to the first sc. (30 sts)
Round 5: ch 1, sc in first st, * sk next 2 sts, shell st (see the special stitches above) in next st, sk next 2 sts, sc in next st; repeat to around, sl st to the first sc. (6 shells)
sl st round for points stand up: crochet sl st around the edge of the points, [sl st in next st] 5 times until picot st, ch 3, sl st to the same picot, *sl st to the each st until next picot st, ch 3, sl st to the same picot, repeat * to around. (see step by step photos below) Fasten off and weave the ends.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.