Here is a summer inspired crochet wheelie coasters in many colors. This Wheelie Coasters pattern is quick and easy, bright and fun coasters to try!
The pattern features beautiful puff stitches and open texture and it is a medium sized coasters. To make these coasters you will need two colors.
Disclosure This blog contain affiliate links.
I had some yarns left after making All-Time Favorite Bag and Bobble Flower Granny Square Bag, I used them to make these coasters. If you have been looking to get rid of the cotton yarn scraps left from larger crochet projects these coasters are great for it. It also requires a little amount of yarn.
Aren’t these colorful and fun to crochet?
If you love the simple and minimalistic style coasters, these Simple & Modern Style Crochet Coasters are great for you
Crochet Wheelie Coasters Free Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished size: about 5.25″ diameter
4-Medium / Worsted / Cotton blend / Approx: 20 yards
- (I used) Ice Yarn Lorena Worsted in 2 colors for each Approx: 30 yards. (19 yards for Color 1 / 11 yards for color 2)
- US H-8 / 5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Gauge: 15 sc x 15 rows = (4” x 4”) with H-8, 5mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / special stitches
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- BL = back loop
- beg = beginning
- *to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
- puff st-1 = yo, insert the hook in indicated st, yo, pull up a loop, [yo, insert the hook in same st, yo, pull up a loop] 2 times, yo, pull back all the loops on the hook (7 loops), ch 1 to close the stitch.
- Puff st-2 = yo, insert the hook in indicated st, yo, pull up a loop, [yo, insert the hook in same st, yo, pull up a loop] 1 times (5 loops), yo, pull back all the loops on the hook.
With color 1, make an adjustable ring.
Round 1: ch 1, 10 hdc into the ring, sl st to the first st. (10 sts)
Round 2 : ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around, sl st to the first st. (20 sts)
Round 3: with color 2, ch 1, puff st-1 (see special stitch) in first st, *ch 2, sk next st, puff st-1 in next st; repeat * to around, after crocheting last ch 2 in repeat section, sl st to the first st. (10 puff sts)
Round 4: ch 1, 2 sc in first puff st, *3 sc in next ch-sp, 2 sc in next puff st; repeat * to around, sl st to the first st. (50 sts)
Round 5: with color 1, ch 1, sc in first st, sc in each st around, sl st to the first st. (50 sts)
Round 6: ch 2, puff st-2 (see special stitch) in first st, sk next st, sl st to the next st, *ch 2, puff st-2 in same st that crochetd sl st previously, sk next st, sl st to the next st; repeat * to around, (25 puff sts)
Fasten off and weave the end.