These lovely Simple & Modern Style Crochet Coasters are great to welcome the summer. This pattern features single crochet and puff stitches. And the third loop crochet technique for adding a simple and modern texture.
Add this pattern to Ravelry queue
Save on Pinterest
Watch the video tutorial below
If you are looking for simple and minimalistic style home decor, these coasters are great. This pattern is easy to crochet and great as a stash buster and quick project with 6 rounds.
They are not even great as simple and modern decor, they pair well with earthy, neutral, boho style theme decor. And add a little minimalist touch to your home office desktop.
Simple & Modern Style Crochet Coasters Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished size: about 5″ diameter
4-Medium / Worsted / Cotton blend / Approx: 20 yards
- (I used) Ice Yarn Lorena Worsted Cafe Latte,
- US H-8 / 5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Gauge: 15 sc x 15 rows = (4” x 4”) with H-8, 5mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / special stitches
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- BL = back loop
- beg = beginning
- *to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
- puff st = yo, insert the hook in indicated st, yo, pull up a loop, [yo, insert the hook in same st, yo, pull up a loop] 2 times, yo, pull back all the loops on the hook (7 loops).
- single crochet in 3rd loop = instead of working crochet stitches in top loops of the previous round, you should find a 3rd loop on the wrong side or back side of the crochet piece. This 3rd loop is located on the wrong side just under the top 2 loops. Start to make a single crochet stitch you want as normal way. When inserting hook into the loop in the previous row just skipped the top 2 loops and turn a crochet piece forward and insert the hook in 3rd loop, Finish the stitch as normal.
Make an adjustable ring.
Round 1: ch 1, 10 hdc into the ring, sl st to the first st. (10 sts)
Round 2 : ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around, sl st to the first st. (20 sts)
Round 3: ch 1, 2 hdc in first st, *1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st; repeat * to around, sl st to the first st. (30 sts)
Round 4: ch 1, 1 hdc in first st and next st, *2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in each of next 2 st; repeat * to around, sl st to the first st. (40 sts)
Round 5: ch 1, sc in 3rd loop in each st around, sl st to the first st. (40 sts)
Round 6: ch 2, puff st (see special stitch) in first st, sk next st, sl st to the next st, *ch 2, puff st in same st that crochetd sl st previously, sk next st, sl st to the next st; repeat * to around, (20 puff sts) Fasten off and weave the end.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook| Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.