Crochet Shell N Picots Cowl Pattern by Crochet For You.
Crochet Shell N Picots Scarf turns into a cowl with Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable Yarn. 🙂 The shaded yarn with amazing color combinations in one skein of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable gives a beautiful texture to the Shell N Picots Cowl.
Disclosure This blog contains affiliate links.
Don’t forget to add this pattern to Ravelry queue
More about the pattern
- I wish I could make this cowl with the colorways of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable – Polo or Tealberry. Because those two colorways perfectly match with the upcoming season!
- As you can see Shell N Picots Scarf pattern here, I used the same pattern, but I changed the pattern a little bit when I designed this cowl. So it’s can’t be said these two patterns same at all.
- This cowl is a pretty fast pattern with 2 rows repeating. So it’s fast and can finish in one day.
Crochet Handmade Business Card on Zazzle
I created this Crochet Handmade Business Card with the background of real crochet texture of this pattern. And added it to my Crochet For You store at Zazzle. You can add your own details on it and customize it.
Skill level easy
Finished size: 9” wide and 35” around
Materials (I used)
- 1 skein of Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable Yarn – Stained Glass (270 yards))
- 6mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends.
Gauge 15 sc x 18 rows = 4″ with 6mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / stitches
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch-sp = chain space
- beg = beginning
-  = work instructions within brackets as many times as directed
- Picot stitch ch 6, sl st to the sixth ch from hook.
- Shell with picot stitch 4 dc in indicated st, ch 6, sl st to the fourth dc just crocheted, 4 dc in same st.
- beg ch count as a st.
Crochet Shell N Picots Cowl Pattern
ch 34+3 with 6mm crochet hook.
Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 2, sk next ch 3, sl st to next st, picot st in same st, [ch 2, sk next ch 3, shell with picot in next st, ch 2, sk next ch 3, sl st to next st, picot st in same st] 3 times, ch 2, sk next ch 3, dc in last ch 2, turn. (3 shell with picot sts)
Row 2: ch 3, dc in next st, shell with picot in next picot st, [ch 2, sl st to next picot of shell st, picot st in same picot of shell st, ch 2, shell with picot in next picot st] 3 times, dc in last 2 sts, turn. (4 shell with picot sts)
Row 3: ch 3, dc in next st, ch 2, sl st to next picot of shell st, picot st in same picot of shell st, [ch 2, shell with picot st in next picot st, ch 2, sl st to next picot of shell st, picot st in same picot st of shell st] 3 times, ch 2, dc in last 2 sts, turn. (3 shell with picot sts)
Rows 4 to 46: Repeat rows 2 and 3 continuously until 46 rows or as long as you want and don’t forget to stop with repeating row 3 as the last row. Fasten off.
Seam the short ends together to make a long loop.
Remember to follow the pattern when you start to seaming.
There are picot sts and shell with picot sts on the last row and on the first row of the cowl so don’t forget to follow the rhythm of the pattern.
Shell with picot on the last row should seam to the bottom of the picot st on the first row and picot st in the last row should seam to bottom of shell sit on the first row.
Can’t wait to see your finished projects. ? Share your finished projects of this pattern.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.