Crochet Cluster V Stitch Tutorial for Beginners
Learning new crochet stitch is like a turning new page of the book of your crochet life. In this chapter, we are going to learn how to crochet cluster v stitch.
Disclosure This blog contain affiliate links.
This gorgeous stitch has a nice texture and great for scarves, blankets and more cozy projects.
You will need
Any weight of yarns you wish to use and recommended hook size for the yarn weight you selected. You can make this with solid or multiple colors.
- Deborah Norville Everyday Soft Worsted – Cream (Amazon affiliate)
- US H-8, 5mm crochet hook
And other essential materials and tools like
- Stitch markers
- Measuring tape and
- Yarn needle for weaving ends.
- ch = chain
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- dc = double crochet
- ch-() sp = chain (number of chains) – space
- * to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
Special stitches (photo collage below)
- Cluster V stitch: yarn over, insert the hook in indicated st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull back through 2 loops on the hook, yarn over, insert the hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull back through 2 loops on the hook (image 1), yarn over, pull back through 3 loops on the hook. (image 2), ch 1 (image 3), [yarn over, insert the hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull back through 2 loops on the hook] 2 times (image 4), yarn over, pull back through 3 loops on the hook (image 5)
How to Crochet Cluster V Stitch
Crochet chains multiple of 3 +4.
Row 1: cluster st in 5th ch from the hook, *sk next ch 2, cluster v st (see special stitches above) in next ch; repeat * to across until last ch 2 remain, sk next ch 1, dc in last ch, turn.
Row 2: ch 3, *cluster v st in ch-1 sp of previous cluster v st; repeat * to across, dc in beg ch 3 top, turn.
Repeat row 2 until your desired length.
Need to join new color?
Do not finish the last stitch in the previous row.
keep 2 loops on the hook. Drop the old color, get the new color yarn and pull a loop through the two loops on the hook. Continue with the new color.
Watch the video tutorial
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.