Shelley’s Crochet Shells Skirt Pattern by Crochet For You.
Shelley’s Crochet Shells Skirt free pattern for 1 and 2 years little girls. To make a larger size of this pattern you can use worsted weight yarn.
Disclosure: This blog contains affiliate links.
Don’t forget to add this pattern to Ravelry queue
Skill level Intermediate
Finished size: (1 – 2 yrs )
- waist circumference = 20”
- skirt height = 11”
To make a larger size of this pattern you can use worsted weight yarn.
Materials (I used)
Sport yarn (16 WPI)
- (MC) approx: 200 yards
- (C1) approx: 100 yards
- 4mm crochet hook
- 4.5mm crochet hook
- 1 button
- Tapestry needle for weave ends.
Gauge 19 dc x 8 rows = with 4mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sk = skip
- st – stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- beg = beginning
- ch-sp = chain space
- * to ; = work instructions within brackets as many times as directed.
-  = work instructions within brackets as many times as directed
- (MC) = Main Color
- (C1) = Color 1
- (RS) = Right side
- shell st = (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated st.
- Beg ch does not count as st.
- Waistband part worked in rows and skirt part worked in rounds.
- Waistband part worked with 4mm crochet hook.
- Skirt part worked on unworked chain loops of foundation chains with 4.5mm crochet hook.
- To get your desired length, repeat round 3 and 4 in skirt part few more times.
- You can crochet this skirt pattern with one color as well. Follow the pattern description in round 24 to 27, if you working skirt part with one color.
Shelley’s Crochet Shells Skirt Pattern
(MC) ch 90+3 with 4mm crochet hook.
Row 1: (RS) dc in 4th ch from the hook, dc in each st across, turn. (90 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, hdc in same st, [ch 1, sk next st, hdc in next 2 sts] 29 times, ch 1, sk next st, hdc in last st, turn. (60 sc total)
Row 3: ch 2, dc in same st, [dc in ch-sp, dc in next 2 dc] 29 times, dc in ch-sp, dc in last st, turn. (90 sts)
Row 4: repeat row 2.
Row 5: repeat row 3.
(Turn the band upside down)
With 4.5mm crochet hook, join (MC) yarn in first st of foundation chain.
(Work in round)
Round 1: ch 1, sc in same st, sc in each st around, sl st to first sc. (90 sts)
Round 2: with (C1) ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 6, sk next 2 sts, sc in next st; repeat * to around, last ch 6 sl st to first sc. (30 ch-sp(s))
Round 3: join (MC) yarn at 3rd ch of first ch-sp, ch 1, sc in same ch, *shell st (see special stitch) in next sc, sc in next ch-sp, ch 5, sc in next ch-sp; repeat * to around, last ch 5 sl st to first sc. (15 shell st / 15 ch-sp)
Round 4: join (C1) yarn at 3rd ch-sp of first shell st, ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 5, sc in next ch-sp, ch 5, sc in third ch-sp of shell st; repeat * to around, last ch 5 sl st to first sc. (30 ch-5 sp)
Round 5 to 23: repeat round 3 and 4 continuously.
Round 24 to 27: repeat round 4 and 3 with (C1). Since it is the same color for repeating 2 rows in these rounds, you no need to cut the yarn at the end of each row.
- sl st until 3rd ch before begins round 3 and
- sl st until third ch-sp of shell st before begins round 4.
Round 28: (C1) ch 1, sc in same st, 5 sc in each ch-sp around, sl st to first sc. (156 sts)
Round 29: ch 1, sc in each st around, sl st to first sc. (156 sts)
To make a cord
crochet chains until getting your desired length or you can use ribbon as well. I used 2 strands and crochet ch 170. Weave the cord through ch-sp(s) in round 2 of waistband part. Attach one button on one of side top edge on the waistband.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.