Crochet Striped Delight Headband Pattern by Crochet For You.
Crochet Striped Delight Headband Pattern fast and easy and also a stylish hair accessory. This headband made with 2 different colors. Crochet Striped Delight Headband Pattern can be adjusted to any height and width. This pattern featured very basic crochet stitches and crochet in the 3rd loop.
If you know how to crochet in the 3rd loop, the pattern can be finished in an hour. If you are not exactly know how to crochet in 3rd loop, see the special stitches below.
Disclosure This blog contain affiliate links.
Looking for more crochet headband and ear warmer patterns?
Crochet Striped Delight Beanie Pattern
Click on the photo below to go to the pattern post.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 20” circumference and 4” height (Teen/Adult)
(This pattern can be adjusted to any size)
#4 – Medium / Worsted weight yarns (Approx: 60 total yards)
- (C1) Purple color Approx: 30 yards
- (C2) Cream color Approx: 30 yards
- I-9, 5.5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends
- Optional: brooch or button to attach
Gauge: 12 hdc x 8 rows = 4” with I-9, 5.5mm crochet hook.
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- st = stitch
- beg = beginning
- (C1) = color 1
- (C2) = color 2
- crochet in 3rd loop = instead of working crochet stitches in top loops of the previous round, you should find a 3rd loop on the wrong side or back side of the crochet piece. This 3rd loop is located on the wrong side just under the top 2 loops. Start to make a crochet stitch you want as normal way. When you inserting hook into the loop in the previous row just skipped the top 2 loops and turn a crochet piece forward and insert the hook in 3rd loop, Finish the stitch as normal. 🙂
- This headband pattern can be adjusted to any size.
- Crochet chains as many as you want to get the desired circumference.
- Beg ch does not count as st.
More about the pattern and the yarn.
You can mix and match 2 or more colors if you like. I love these purple and cream colors. The yarns I used for this pattern is in the same weight but 2 type of fiber. I thought these instructions will help you to select perfect yarns for the headband.
- Color 1 has 70% of animal fiber Alpaca, this yarn is soft and silky.
- Color 2 is 100% Acrylic – Everyday Soft Worsted Solid from Premier Yarns. (Amazon affiliate)
Crochet Striped Delight Headband Pattern
Ch 72 with (C1), sl st to the first ch. (be sure to not to twist)
Round 1: with (C1) ch 1, hdc in each ch around, sl st to the first st. (72 hdc)
Round 2: with (C2), working on 3rd loop, ch 2, dc in first st and each st around, sl st to the first st. (72 dc)
Round 3: with (C1), ch 1, hdc in first st and each st around, sl st to the first st. (72 sts)
Round 4 – 7: repeat rounds 2 and 3 continuously. Fasten off and weave the end.
Squeeze the headband at the seam and attached a brooch or button.
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.