If you love a textured, floral blanket with fun and relaxing squares, you’ll love this Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket CAL.
Welcome to the part 2 of Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket.
As I said in part 1, The square pattern is divided into 2 parts to make it more convenient.
Today we are going to complete the 7″x 7″ square. There are 3 more rounds remain to finish the square that we started last week. After finishing all the squares we can start next week for joining.
Scroll down to see the written pattern with step by step photos and video tutorial.
If you are a new to this CAL and want to join,
- Click here for the main post to see how it works, the materials you’ll need and how to customize the pattern size
- Like, Follow Crochet For You on Facebook and Instagram.
- Tag #crochetforyoublog when you share your WIP or finished project on Social media
- Sign up for the newsletter for new updates on the blog
Disclosure This blog contain affiliate links.
Finished square: 7″ x 7″
Skill Level Intermediate
MATERIALS I used
#4 Medium / Worsted weight
– 2 skeins of Ice Yarn Saver – Candy Pink (100% Dralon Acrylic,200g = 360 yds/330 m)
– 2 skeins of Ice Yarn Saver – Light Beige (100% Dralon Acrylic,200g = 360 yds/330 m)
– US 1-9 (5.5mm) crochet hook
– Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Gauge: 13hdc x 8 rows = 4″x4″ with US 1-9, 5.5mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations / special stitches (US term)
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- st = stitch
- ch-sp = chain- (number of chains) space
- beg = beginning
- *to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
- C1 = color 1 Candy Pink
- C2 = color 2 Light Beige
- fpbobble = yarn over, insert the hook from front to back to front again around the post of next st, yarn over, pull back loop through the st, [yarn over, insert the hook from front to back to front again around the post of the same st, yarn over, pull back loop through the st] 2 times, yarn over, pull back through 6 loops on the hook, yarn over, pull back through 2 loops on the hook.
Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket CAL – Part 2
Round 5: join the (C2) yarn at the one of fpbobble st, ch 3 (count as a st), dc in each of next 5 st, [fpbobble in next st, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in ch-sp, fpbobble in next st, dc in each of next 11 st] 3 times, fpbobble in next st, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in ch-sp, fpbobble in next st, dc in each of next 5 st, sl st to the beg ch 3 top. (8 fpbobbles/60 dc including beg ch 3)
Round 6: ch 3 (count as a st), dc in each of next 7 st, [fpbobble in next st, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch-sp, fpbobble in next st, dc in each of next 15 st] 3 times, fpbobble in next st, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in ch-sp, fpbobble in next st, dc in each of next 7 st. sl st to the beg ch 3 top. (8 fpbobbles/76 dc)
Round 7: Join the (C1) yarn at the at the beginning chain 3 top, ch 1 (does not count as a st), sc in first st and each of next 10 stitch, 3 sc in ch-sp, *sc in each of next 21 st, 3 sc in next ch-sp; repeat to around, sl st to the first st. (96 sc)
Crochet these 3 rounds in each square to make a blanket. See you next week with part 3. Get ready for joining! 🙂
Watch the video tutorial
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.