If you love a textured, floral blanket with fun and relaxing squares, you’ll love this Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket CAL.
- Click here for the main post to see how it works, the materials you’ll need and how to customize the pattern size
- Like, Follow Crochet For You on Facebook and Instagram.
- Tag #crochetforyoublog when you share your WIP or finished project on Social media
- Sign up for the newsletter for new updates on the blog
Disclosure This blog contain affiliate links.
Hi my crochet lover friends! We are at the end of the CAL today! Here is part 4 of Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket and we are going to finish the CAL by adding a simple border to the blanket.
I used basic stitches, single crochet, half double crochet and hdc in 3rd loop techniques to make this 2″ width round border.
You will need same materials
– Ice Yarn Saver – Candy Pink (C1), the same color yarn you used for single crochet border of each square in part 2.
– US 1-9 (5.5mm) crochet hook
– Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Abbreviations / special stitches (US term)
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- beg = beginning
- *to ; = repeat * to the instructions.
- C1 = color 1 Candy Pink
- Instead of working crochet stitches with top loops of the previous round, you should find a 3rd loop on the wrong side or back side of the crochet piece. This 3rd loop is located on the wrong side just under the top 2 loops. Start to make a crochet stitch you want as normal way. When you inserting hook into the loop in the previous row just skipped the top 2 loops and turturn a crochet piece forward and insert the hook in 3rd loop, Finish the stitch as normal.
Floral Garden Granny Square Blanket CAL -Part 4
Notes: Work in round, do not turn, sl st to first st at the end of each round.
Join C1 one of the corner stitches (middle st of the 3 sc).
Round 1: ch 1, 3 sc in same st, [sc in each st until next corner st, 3 sc in corner st] 3 times, sc in each of next st until last st, sl st to the first st.
Round 2: ch 1, crochet hdc in around the blanket, make sure to crochet 3 hdc in each corner, sl st to the first st.
Round 3: crochet in 3rd loop only (see the special stitches), ch 1, crochet hdc in around the blanket, make sure to crochet 3 hdc in each corner, sl st to the first st.
Round 4: crochet in 3rd loop only, ch 1, crochet hdc in around the blanket, make sure to crochet 3 hdc in each corner, sl st to the first st.
Round 5: ch 1, crochet sc in around the blanket, make sure to crochet 3 sc in each corner, sl st to the first st. Fasten off and weave the ends.
I hope you enjoy the CAL. I’m really happy and enjoyed too. Thank you very much for participating with me. Tag #crochetforyoublog when you share your WIP or finished project on Social media
Hope to see you soon with a new FREE pattern
Until then, Happy Crocheting!!
Share your finished projects of this pattern on Crochet For You FB page.
Happy hooking with Crochet For You!!
Let’s connect and share
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram
All contents include photography and patterns are copyrighted Crochet For You by Erangi Udeshika.
Do not copy, edit, distribute or republish patterns and images in this blog in part or whole as your own. Please, share a direct link to the pattern with others and anywhere else. You are welcome to make and sell finished items using my patterns.